Tuesday, January 1, 2013

30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge

With a new year and a new blog, I've decided to take part in the 30 Paintings in 30 Days challenge.  I love to paint, but so often life gets in the way. Perhaps the challenge will motivate me... at least, I will enjoy seeing what other artists are painting... and maybe, maybe I will find time to devote to painting myself! 

"Mr. Haynes' Cow"
24x24 oil on canvas
My resolution for the new year is to paint MORE QUICKLY as well as to paint more often! In the past, I've done larger, more complicated paintings that take a lot of time. I'll continue to do some of those, but I want to work on doing some quick little paintings too.

Life will get in the way, I'm sure! A new grandchild is due later this month and I will put down my brush immediately to rush off to see her. Still, I will paint as much as I can! Thirty new paintings in thirty days?... no way!

No comments:

Post a Comment